If you ever get the chance to watch the movie Temple Grandin, I would really suggest it. It makes you look at autism and diversity, in general in such a different way. One of the families I work for suggested that I watch the movie, and it really did change me.
Temple Grandin is one of the most accomplished women with autism in the world. She grew up with many communcation struggles, and was nonverbal for a large part of her life. Her parents were told that she would be institutionalized because she was so severe. However, she overcame all of the struggles in her life. She now has a PhD and is an author and public speaker.
Temple Grandin is so inspirational because she breaks down all barriers and has never allowed herself to fit into the mold of a "typical" person with autism.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment